Made in China This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Yes, China has won, as Krista discusses in her opinion piece. It basically now controls our economy due to the recent purchase of our securities, and because the desire for Chinese-made, ultra-cheap consumer goods continues to go strong. China is closer to world domination than any other country has been before, not by military power or colonization, but through commerce. It makes and exports all the electronics, toys - and really everything else - that we buy. As a result, the country has become immensely powerful. If someone tries anything against China, the Chinese don’t even need to retaliate with force - China can just shut down all exports to the offending country until it stands down. It’s like God-mode.

There’s no stopping China anymore. It makes everything with the best mix of quality and price available. When World War III rolls around, let’s hope we’re on China’s side, because whoever isn’t is hosed.

MasterZone said...

Ancient Rome was actually closer world domination by commerce rather than the People's Republic of China.

Ancient Rome exported everything from slaves to fabrics all across Europe, West and Central Asia, and Northern Africa at its time. I think that they have exported more than half of the world's goods 2000 years ago. Ancient China and Ancient India mainly traded internally due to their large domestic markets.