The Movie That Is Our Life | Teen Ink

The Movie That Is Our Life MAG

I am responding to Matthew P.’s sensual article, “The Movie That is Our Life.” In it, he describes memories of his relationship with the girl he already knows he wants to share the rest of his life with.

I love watching “chick flicks” and that is what reading this story felt like to me. It had the first date, the first kiss, the first fight, and, of course, the love that lasts. The author evoked many emotions and I could relate to his initial anxieties, as well as sense the closeness of the relationship.

Matthew’s in-depth descriptions captured and retained my interest. He expressed his feelings in an awesomely sensitive way. It isn’t often that you read a love story from the perspective of a boy, and I really enjoyed knowing his thoughts. He said things like, “I never noticed that she had a small freckle on her chin that is really adorable,” and “She is the star of the movie that is my life.” I had no idea these kinds of thoughts go on inside a boy’s mind and I found it very refreshing.

This story brought a smile to my face. I was happy for the joy that Matthew has in his life and wish him the best of luck.