Sweet Perfection This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Sweet Perfection” by Christina M., is about her struggle with anorexia and her recovery. I like this article the most of all the pieces in the October issue because eating disorders are a problem I’ve had to deal with too. It’s so easy for a perfectly healthy person to look at someone with an eating disorder and tell her to “go eat a sandwich.” But as this story shows, this is a disease. No one who has an eating disorder can help it, it’s not their fault, and no one really considers the depression and stress they have to deal with constantly.

The girl in this story realized that she was sick and needed help, so she made the decision to get better and that made all the difference. I think that this story could be an inspiration for other anorexic teens to get help.