The Power to Choose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“The Power to Choose” by Jasmine N. questions the same ideas that I often ask myself. Since when did the color of someone’s skin or hair or the shape of their eyes define them?

I’ve seen firsthand the people on YouTube saying hateful things behind a keyboard because no one is there to stop them. I’ve heard people use racist words in real life too, but I’ve seen only a couple who would say it to another person’s face - and they were obviously ignorant idiots. Stereotypes can hurt, and if it is something you would never say to someone’s face, why say it at all? In the end nothing good can come from bashing others.

KittyKat1419This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 4:46 pm
nice job; I could use some feedback on some of my stuff. If you've got time, please read what's in this section of teen ink. Thanks!