Being Different This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The story “Being Different” is a good article and it has a very important message. Being with the “in” crowd can be inconvenient and even unsafe at times. Jason G. made an excellent point, stating that giving in to peer pressure is often related to wanting to be cool like the popular group. When you are trying to be well-liked by fellow teens, you can make bad decisions that could hurt you and others. I agree that it is important to have your own personality and to allow yourself to be different from everyone else.

I strive to be unique, and I make my own decisions by doing things I think are right, but unfortunately these are not always what the popular kids are doing. For instance, I try to do my best in school. I am also different in that I know I will never do drugs, smoke, or drive under the influence. These are things that could definitely harm me, so no matter what anyone else is doing, I won’t be involved in these activities.

I agree with Jason that being different is smarter and more fun than being popular or the same as everyone else.

loverareus12 said...
i always feel like a nerd.........and every one looks at me like im a monster. i want to fit in but my looks and how i act are not accepted, i feel like the wieird creepy kid. help me

Westwood14 replied...
I know this is a year too late but man im here for ya look me up on facebook Ben Gilbert best of luck if ur able to find me