Book Banning This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Laura F. made very good points and I agree with all of them, especially the views on Harry Potter. The Harry Potter books are not suggesting that you can or should practice magic. They are fictional books about fictional people in a fictional world.

Many of the people attempting to have books banned are concerned parents. Most of these parents don’t realize that they are giving their children less of an opportunity to read. Also, some children might not be able to read an entire group of books because their parents didn’t agree with one of the books. Most of the time when you ban books, instead of protecting children, you hurt them.

WritingAddict03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 24 at 10:54 pm
I completely agree with the Harry Potter Series viewpoint. However, there really are some inappropriate things out there, and I think its a good thing that parents are looking out for their children. (Even though I don't always agree with their choices.)