Somebody This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I loved the poem “Somebody” by Lucy W. I feel the same way; everywhere my eyes look, I see clones dressed in the newest trends or clothes that look the same. People dress this way because they want to “fit in with the crowd.” But have they ever heard the saying that if they follow the crowd they just might get lost in it? What's so appealing and attractive about having the word “Aero” in big letters on your chest?

I believe that everyone is beautiful in their own way, and it would be pathetic and sad for someone to throw away their unique beauty to become a dull copy of someone else. The author writes,
somebody took,
took us –
our personalities, and put them
in a glass jar.

It is a great way to say how once you've fallen through the deceiving hole of popularity and have tried to be like someone else, your personality fades, along with your striking and exquisite sense of individuality. It's like you don't know who you are anymore.

The author referred to it as “a trap for a thousand souls.” I haven't been able to describe the feeling of having your personality lost, buried, and replaced with something new until now. Thank you, Lucy, for writing this amazing poem. I hope many people all over the world get the message through your writing. It's inspirational and speaks to me, and I hope it will speak to others too.

kat27 said...
i wrote this :) wow. 5 stars and it's sad cuz im the only one that rated myself