Falling Bird

When I read “Falling Birds” I remembered having a similar experience. When I was little I was helping my grandmother water her garden. Then I saw a baby bird in the grass. It was still alive and I told her to come look. She said we should just leave it alone. Its mom will come help it. The day went on and the mother never came. The next morning I woke up early, got dressed and put my sandals on and went to see the bird. The grass was tall and thick and had dew on it so I had to be careful not to step on it. All of a sudden I heard a crunch under neath my foot. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had just stepped on the bird. I lifted my sandal just to find a crab shell I crushed not the bird. I thought I would never find it, then right in front of my foot there it was the bird! It must of died later that day, that's probloby why the mom didn’t come and get it. I went in and got some gloves. I dug a hole and buried the bird. I brushed the dirt from off of me and went inside.