The Mile | Teen Ink

The Mile

December 22, 2009
By tyson araujo BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
tyson araujo BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"The Mile" by Brian E. is about a boy training for a race, a race so big that it can bring him to glory or bring him to his doom. He is struggling to go 110% on the last 200 meters. This might seem impossible but kids who play sports will understand that 110% is giving more than your best and pushing yourself further than you can go.
I can relate to this story, not because I run the mile, but because I know what it's like to be pushed further than you thought you could go and what it's like to have one game or one race bring you to glory or make you just another kid. In this article I like how the Brian brings you right into the action and the suspense, and then cools it down by telling how he prepares and how he trains for the race. I admire how the runner wants to make it to the next level. He brings into the article college scouts and how much he will give to even get a chance to talk to them. This is an all around good article and I admire the author for his love for his sport and how much he works for it.