How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

FromThisMomentOn... said...
Yea. The stuff that I posted took like a month to get on here. It makes me so mad. I wish they would put it all up, but then the site would be amazingly full of a bunch of stuff. That would also be annoying...:)

Missa replied...
So true and i thought i was just being ignored!!!The suspence of whether others will read it (let alone like it) is enough for me.

mmmm replied...

If you don't like it, leave. No one's making you stay. If you can't wait to be posted to the website then you'll never be able to be patient enough to wait to be published in the magazine. It's their site and you should feel lucky they even allow you to post your work. Most writing sites are only for adults.

Honestly most of the kids who have commented on here, you're all selfish. Have any of you thought about how lucky you are? No one else is helping teens get published. Seriously, ge... (more »)

super_nerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Well I don't think "Anonymous" meant his comment to be nearly as serious as you have made it. Tip:  If you want to make friends, you might refrain from calling strangers "selfish" and reflecting on your own attitude. He has just as much right to his opinion as you do yours.

RBartee replied...
And where exactly did you find a bottle of nerve just laying around? No one is upset with the site, all we are all saying is that as writers, having our work critiqued can be a bit of a nail bitter; especially when there is a possibility of it being published. Never once did we say that we aren't lucky, just frustrated - as anyone would be. And thats that.

I wish this site had a "like" button right now RBartee

thats.it.95 said...
totally true!

michaelchavez said...
Dec. 22, 2010 at 11:36 am
i agree with tht

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It initially took me a long time to get articles published, but now any time I update a novel chapter it generally goes up within days, a week at the most. I guess it's a proven track record sort of thing.

janae0992 said...
Dec. 6, 2010 at 2:13 am
How do you submit a letter to the editor regarding a certain article?

RallyR This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
It's just letters to the editor... use the title of the article your commenting about as the title to your letter. It helps...

zhlenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
ok so how long does it take to pend approval? is it that if they want it they take short amt of time? or no? very curious??

it all depends

blackveilbrideschickies said...
I don't really mind not getting published online but I have numerous times.....I just wish I could get published in the magazine.

NidaLOL23 said...
i deffffffffff agree on this oneee!! why not just aprove it right away and get it out of the way? why wait?!

BrainsANDBeauty This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
These kinds of things irritate me.  This is not a well written article, this should be a forum.  I respect your opinion, but I don't think this should be a number one piece.

Writer24 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I agree that this shouldn't have been an article. It is a good point though, they do publish everything but I still have to wait.

Hmm...I did not know they published everything lol

Brooklynn said...
why censor what goes on the site anyway? they are not going to tell somone sorry your writing has to much emotion?

Kelz1141This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
You know what wierd? When I first joined like 2 years ago it was like that for me, but now it only takes a couple of days. Maybe the longer you are a memeber it goes faster? I really don't know. Anyways, what I find truely frusterating is when I type a really long comment and then it either doesn't post at all! (reeeeeeaally annoying) no matter if i refresh the page and try again or anything I do, or it takes a long time to post (subtley annoying)

Meli14 replied...
Nov. 24, 2010 at 1:47 am
I Am Free   Please read/rate thanks(: