How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Aspiringauhor said...
I agree... My first one only just went up tonight... It's under Hot Topics, it's called Texting While Driving: The Costs We Pay. Please check it out! Feel free to constructively criticize! :)

RBartee replied...
Wheres did that comment even come from ? -_-

Aspiringauhor replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 11:02 am
Excuse me? I'm not sure I know what you mean. :)

RBartee replied...
Im SO sorry ; I responded to the wrong thing. :)

Aspiringauhor replied...
Okay... I did that the other day only my comment was a really opinionated one... SOOO embarrassing! :) It's okay... Which one were you trying to reply to?

RBartee replied...
I don't see it; Its the same one you responded to asking what it was that they were talking about. Someone must have reported it as abuse.

Aspiringauhor said...
Excuse me? May I ask what you are talking about?

Aspiringauhor said...
Yeah, supernerd, I think you're right... Why else would someone say that? :)

kennapie12 said...
I a couple in, in the middle of novemeber, they still ahvnt been put on yet. The 2 I only put on a month ago have been posted! why??

ilikecheesegirl said...
I submitted a short story under fiction (my first one) and they published it the day I submitted it...

RBartee replied...
Lucky you. How do they decide whats published ? Do they base it off of views, or comments? Or do they read it themselves and then decide?

ilikecheesegirl replied...

Well I mean it was published on the website, not the magazine. I just submitted it (and got it published same day) about ten days ago.

I'm not sure how they pick for the website and I'd be interested to know

RBartee replied...
Wouldn't we all. Hmm? I wonder ..

BlueFoot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It took over a year for one of my poems. Hold tight.

super_nerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
!!!!!! Are you kidding??

BlueFoot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

Yeah I thought he meant published

it takes like a month

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Why didn't you just post this on forums instead of here, becuase this isn't even really an article.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Yes, it is. It's a letter to the editor. That's what she meant it as.

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Nope its ok. This site is a bit confusing. :)

FromThisMomentOn... said...
Yea. The stuff that I posted took like a month to get on here. It makes me so mad. I wish they would put it all up, but then the site would be amazingly full of a bunch of stuff. That would also be annoying...:)