How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

AspiringauhorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree... My first one only just went up tonight... It's under Hot Topics, it's called Texting While Driving: The Costs We Pay. Please check it out! Feel free to constructively criticize! :)

RBartee replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 2:30 pm :
Im SO sorry ; I responded to the wrong thing. :)

AspiringauhorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 2:54 pm :
Okay... I did that the other day only my comment was a really opinionated one... SOOO embarrassing! :) It's okay... Which one were you trying to reply to?

RBartee replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 4:48 pm :
I don't see it; Its the same one you responded to asking what it was that they were talking about. Someone must have reported it as abuse.

Excuse me? May I ask what you are talking about?

Yeah, supernerd, I think you're right... Why else would someone say that? :)

kennapie12 said...
I a couple in, in the middle of novemeber, they still ahvnt been put on yet. The 2 I only put on a month ago have been posted! why??

ilikecheesegirl said...
I submitted a short story under fiction (my first one) and they published it the day I submitted it...

RBartee replied...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 4:49 pm :
Lucky you. How do they decide whats published ? Do they base it off of views, or comments? Or do they read it themselves and then decide?

ilikecheesegirl replied...
Jan. 13, 2011 at 1:42 pm :

Well I mean it was published on the website, not the magazine. I just submitted it (and got it published same day) about ten days ago.

I'm not sure how they pick for the website and I'd be interested to know

RBartee replied...
Jan. 14, 2011 at 6:01 pm :
Wouldn't we all. Hmm? I wonder ..

BlueFoot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It took over a year for one of my poems. Hold tight.

super_nerd This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 4:33 pm :
!!!!!! Are you kidding??

BlueFoot This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 6:22 pm :

Yeah I thought he meant published

it takes like a month

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Why didn't you just post this on forums instead of here, becuase this isn't even really an article.

Jan. 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm :
Yes, it is. It's a letter to the editor. That's what she meant it as.

SpringRayynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm :
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that.

Jan. 8, 2011 at 9:08 pm :
Nope its ok. This site is a bit confusing. :)

FromThisMomentOn... said...
Yea. The stuff that I posted took like a month to get on here. It makes me so mad. I wish they would put it all up, but then the site would be amazingly full of a bunch of stuff. That would also be annoying...:)

Missa replied...
Dec. 31, 2010 at 11:01 pm :
So true and i thought i was just being ignored!!!The suspence of whether others will read it (let alone like it) is enough for me.

mmmm replied...
Jan. 1, 2011 at 12:09 pm :

If you don't like it, leave. No one's making you stay. If you can't wait to be posted to the website then you'll never be able to be patient enough to wait to be published in the magazine. It's their site and you should feel lucky they even allow you to post your work. Most writing sites are only for adults.

Honestly most of the kids who have commented on here, you're all selfish. Have any of you thought about how lucky you are? No one else is helping teens get published. Seriously, ge... (more »)