How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Littlecupcakedancer said...
I agree!!!!!!!!

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm :
Hahaha ^.^

mikey2.0 replied...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 1:09 pm :

Then if you're in "Accelerated English" then shouldn't you not have trouble with your spelling? Really people, I'm sorry if I sound rude, but if you all are so great at English and spelling and what-not, shouldn't it be your responsibility to make sure your stories are written properly? Especially when Word document and Open Office Writer all have word check and will tell you if your sentences are not correct.

No one has an excuse and no one should blame Teen Ink for something tha... (more »)

Authorgal98 replied...
Mar. 9, 2011 at 4:13 pm :
Sorry, I didn't mean to call you rude. Just a little... frank? Sorry!!!

Aspiringauhor replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 6:55 pm :

To mikey2.0: 

Does it really matter that much that you have to write a multi-paragraph reply about it? The whole thing was said and done. Personally, I think it was a lot better than if shehadwrittenitalllikethis.

mikey2.0 replied...
Apr. 8, 2011 at 9:32 am :

Actually it is. No one takes responsibility for their work anymore. They act like because they don't take the time to double check their work and then they're embarressed by it, that it's Teen Ink's fault. It's not.

Take pride in your own work and take the time to make it your best. Don't blame others when you don't care enough to write your own work correctly.

NinaQThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 2:21 am:
I want to post A LOT of my opinion in the opinions page but it wont let me... It says SUBMIT YOUR WORK TO TEEN LINK OR CONTACT US :D it wont let me submit work it just goes to a page asking me to contact them or sign up >.>

Dark_Angel25 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 3:28 am :
ur ryt!!!!

Dreamer37 replied...
Feb. 6, 2011 at 8:06 pm :
if you look at the top right corner of your screen, where it says logged in as ___, below that there's a button for 'submit my work.' you have to go there, the otehr place doesn't understand you're logged in. hope that helps!

imotionizedrosa said...
hey in this web site there alot of things to discuver and you are mising out on it thank u a with lots of love lilly

dejavoo13579 said...
Jan. 18, 2011 at 10:40 am:
I agree i have e few waiting myself, but my first article only took a day. By the way i wrote a really good memoir called one last nap please view it, rate it and comment i really would like to see what others think 89 people viewed but only 8 rated. and i only got 2 comments so pleeeeeeeze check it out 

KatherineNicole said...
Jan. 12, 2011 at 11:10 am:
Okay, so my question is do they post all work that's submitted on the website??? Or are they somewhat selective about it?

CassaJade replied...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm :

they sometimes don't post stuff if it is of an "inappropriate" subject or if it uses an excessive amount of bad words

hope that helps! :)

Elizabeth_DayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
How long after the editors posted your work did you get the email that it was going to be in the magazine, RallyR?

Elizabeth_DayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 5:28 pm :
or anyone else, I guess.

TheJust This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 7:51 am :
It took nine months to actually get published, but they sent the e-mail that told a few days before they sent out the mag. A few days before they posted the new picture on Teen Ink. com

Lonewolf1213 said...
The waiting is really irritating. I mean, I get that they don't want something inapropriate on the website, but then it takes so long!

Pandora118 replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 7:11 am :
i totally agree. i submitted something a few days ago and it still is pending.

sallysunshine replied...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 7:48 am :
A few days? Are we the most impatient nation in the world or what? At least you have a place for possible publication. Most places and contests are for adults only. Get appreciative! geez

MarissaLaGrange said...
Jan. 11, 2011 at 7:28 am:

It does take forever, I have 3 things waiting, but the weird thing is 2 other things I have written have already been approved, and they were pretty much JUST made. I guess it all depends on what people like. But I find waiting very very irriating.

~*Rissa*~

Aspiringauhor said...
I agree... My first one only just went up tonight... It's under Hot Topics, it's called Texting While Driving: The Costs We Pay. Please check it out! Feel free to constructively criticize! :)