How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

karstarr13 said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 10:59 am:
it took me SO long for my stuff to get on here! it was so aggrivating. And.. i mean, they pretty much take everything, which makes this not competetive at all. I think they should pick and choose what they publish.... but, thats just me LOL

TheJustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 7:11 pm :
They don't publish everything, just post it. There is a big difference. The website is like a blog, the magazine is the real deal.

adam.c replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 2:15 pm :
dude,how long it take for your work to aceepted by teen link?

Aspiringauhor replied...
Mar. 23, 2011 at 6:51 pm :
It took me over a month for all of my articles. And for my novel, surprisingly, it only took a week. It's really kind of odd. But karstarr13, I hear you. It's very aggravating. And to TheJust, posting is obviously what she meant.

Mar. 24, 2011 at 6:41 am :

Well, sorry, I take people at what they say.

And for me, it only takes a few days. Everyone acts like it takes months, but that's only very rarely.

Aspiringauhor replied...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 7:17 am :
Well, most people would've been able to make that assumption. And as for how long it takes, all of mine have taken at least a month. I think it may be because you've been published in the print magazine before. But other people's submissions do indeed take longer... How would you know how long someone else's submission took to be approved? They could have been lying. (And for the record, I am not.)

Mar. 26, 2011 at 1:27 pm :

That has nothing to do with it, thank you very much. I'm talking about how long it took even BEFORE I got published. 

And btw you're calling me a liar too, so how's that different? And I never said you were a liar. The majority of the people I've talked to have agreed with me.

And this whole article is scaring potential authors away from pursuing their dreams because it may "take too long".  So, you're going to give up on your dreams because it may take a long time? Th... (more »)

karstarr13 replied...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 6:34 pm :
I mean IDK, i think it takes a month or longer because there's SOO many people submitting stuff. If your stuff gets accepted in a short time, then thats awesome lol. But... unfortunitly mine has taken more than month :(

Mar. 30, 2011 at 9:02 am :
It may be the section you're submitting to. Fiction and poetry are some of the longest wait times. But reviews and letters to the editor take a couple of days to be posted. And I never meant that it doesn't take that long for some people, but because a few people say it takes forever it scares away all the possible new comers. :/

RideTheWave replied...
May 6, 2011 at 7:03 pm :
what i have found is that since there are a lot of poems submitted, the poems i sumbit take a while to be posted. but there are not many novels, that is probably why it doesnt take as long for them to get approved, because the list of pieces to approve is shorter.

cowgirl4everThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 17, 2011 at 5:02 pm :
Karstarr13, what do you mean by "they take everything?"

Jul. 1, 2011 at 1:03 am :
Meaning they only edit for content. Not if the piece is actually well written or not.

andromeda13 replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:35 pm :
well you gotta figure that about amillion people are submitting stuff i bet it takes a long time too look through it all, as long as it isn't extremely inappropriate it will prob get posted sooner or later :)

poptart said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 10:20 am:
i dont like to wait and i agree with loms good righting

2200 replied...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 7:15 pm :
Um, it's "writing"...

loms said...
Mar. 14, 2011 at 10:11 am:

good job on the righting

IluvJesus said...
Mar. 8, 2011 at 10:46 pm:
I so totally agree!!! I've been waiting forever. At first I was scared maybe it wasn't good enough to get published but I seriously doubt that.

Unless-She's-Hot said...
Mar. 4, 2011 at 7:07 am:
I agree sister!

flyingpinkgiraffes This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:23 pm:
seriously.  isn't it a COMPUTER PROGRAM that checks it for plagarism?  then shouldn't it be done imediatly?

seriouswritersblock said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 12:59 pm:

My first submission was posted almost immeadiately but any other ones have taken months!

ambermoore replied...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm :
Same with mine!!