How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

JazzyJay said...
All my work is published in less than a week. I did however submit one book and it ended up not being published but I think that was because itr was only 8 pages and most of my work is 30- 40 pages long.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:57 am
Your article is interesting, but I never experience that. Of the probably 25 entry u done in the past 6 monst, only 3 have been rejected. When they were, I was sent a notice saying reject because either subject matter or grammar (in my case it was grammar). And also, a tip to users if u submit something to a broad catgory like "free verse poetry" or "realistic fiction" it going take longer and your article not going to be feature. I'm fact, out the 22 articles I have written , the 2 that been... (more »)

sweetangel4life said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:45 am
i had a small article rejected i think it was cause i used an innaprotiate word. i took it out and it was accepted a few weeks later .i think it takes so long because the editors of the website have to read them and everything.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I totally agree! I've submitted a haiku (!) a month or so ago, and it's still not been rejected or accepted yet. 

NewIdentity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:42 am
I have also had a poem rejected before. I think it was because I quoted someone else's poem and then responded to it with my own poem. After it was rejected I resubmitted the poem without quoting the other poem and it was accepted. It was rejected because not all the work was mine, even though I was not claiming to have written the other poem.

Xizzio said...
I've actually had a piece rejected before, it kind of broke my spirits for a while but I'm back puting up work. I'm not sure what causes them to reject or accept pieces, mine was something I had written about school, but I could see why they had rejected it because it had a very sad ending. So, yeah, I mean I agree it does take a while, but they should be reading through the pieces because it took me having my piece rejected to realize that maybe it wasn't appropriate for the website.

WriterHead This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
with my work, it takes about a week to get published/approved. however, when i see when my work is published, it seems like it was a time way before i actually saw it on the website.

awray0 said...
When I first started it took them a week to approve. But now when I submit my poems it takes a few days to get them approved.

ClarinetPower said...
Likeaboss427: It depends. I have had an article take anywhere from two days to two weeks.

BookLover128 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:08 am
I agree.  One piece I wrote (Our Snow) got published the next day. Another, is still pending, and I submitted it two week ago. It really depends.

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah, well, they do that to read your work, check for any swearing (which they beep out) and see whether your work should go in the magazine or receive any awards (e.g. Editor's Choice).   Also, please read my work! I'd love for any rating or comment, thanks!

YozoraK replied...
It's funny, I submitted a SasuNaru fanfiction a while ago, and before I sent it in, I checked it over for swear words (because I wrote it AGES ago), and I missed one (which I noticed when I read through it on the site).  How did that one get skipped over?

Likeaboss427 said...
joined yesterday and i submitted 7 articles. about how long does it take to go through the editors and hopefully get on the website?  

Lokelani replied...
Depends on how long your articles are, if they're poetry or whatever. Also I had to wait longer when I first joined than now, but maybe that's just me. :) Hope you have fun on here!

In_Love_with_Writing said...
Hey since we're talking about submissions (obviously) I would like to ask that all of you guys pleeeease check out my stories. Just a rating and a comment will make my day. It means so much and you could consider it  your act of kindness for the day. Thanks!

IfLifeGivesYouLemons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Actually, I have had some articles rejected. Once when I was trying my hand at a new style of writing, a "6 word story", which was not posted, and a couple of times for being overly violent in my descriptions.

Plus, it' s not just a matter of screening for innappropriate content. It's also the publisher's first glance at just how good the piece is. They give out Editor's Choice award, they gather a first impression on whether or not it's print-worthy.&n... (more »)

redfox1939 said...
Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:59 am
never had this fun article

Bama_Status said...
I am new! I just submitted an article and I was wondering where do you look on the website if your poem is published. 

MarieAntoinette2012 replied...
Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:59 am
There's no spot to look really, just look at them on the "See my Stuff" panel, then the "My Work" Tab. Sorry, Wish I could help more.

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 9:44 am
In my opinion, the wait is worth it because you know that the editors of TI are reading your work, and once it's been accepted, you tend to feel happy. (I don't think anyone is saddened by the fact that their work is online and everyone who wants to can read it). Also, TI doesn't have to allow so much work to be published on their site. They choose to put it up there, and by doing so they're doing you a favor.  Sometimes, the wait can be a bit irrational, but patience is a n... (more »)