How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

ClarinetPower said...
Likeaboss427: It depends. I have had an article take anywhere from two days to two weeks.

BookLover128This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:08 am :
I agree.  One piece I wrote (Our Snow) got published the next day. Another, is still pending, and I submitted it two week ago. It really depends.

LinkinPark12 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Yeah, well, they do that to read your work, check for any swearing (which they beep out) and see whether your work should go in the magazine or receive any awards (e.g. Editor's Choice).   Also, please read my work! I'd love for any rating or comment, thanks!

YozoraK replied...
May 18, 2013 at 6:19 pm :
It's funny, I submitted a SasuNaru fanfiction a while ago, and before I sent it in, I checked it over for swear words (because I wrote it AGES ago), and I missed one (which I noticed when I read through it on the site).  How did that one get skipped over?

Likeaboss427 said...
joined yesterday and i submitted 7 articles. about how long does it take to go through the editors and hopefully get on the website?  

Lokelani replied...
Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:46 pm :
Depends on how long your articles are, if they're poetry or whatever. Also I had to wait longer when I first joined than now, but maybe that's just me. :) Hope you have fun on here!

In_Love_with_Writing said...
Hey since we're talking about submissions (obviously) I would like to ask that all of you guys pleeeease check out my stories. Just a rating and a comment will make my day. It means so much and you could consider it  your act of kindness for the day. Thanks!

IfLifeGivesYouLemons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Actually, I have had some articles rejected. Once when I was trying my hand at a new style of writing, a "6 word story", which was not posted, and a couple of times for being overly violent in my descriptions.

Plus, it' s not just a matter of screening for innappropriate content. It's also the publisher's first glance at just how good the piece is. They give out Editor's Choice award, they gather a first impression on whether or not it's print-worthy.&n... (more »)

redfox1939 said...
Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:59 am:
never had this fun article

Bama_Status said...
I am new! I just submitted an article and I was wondering where do you look on the website if your poem is published. 

MarieAntoinette2012 replied...
Dec. 20, 2012 at 11:59 am :
There's no spot to look really, just look at them on the "See my Stuff" panel, then the "My Work" Tab. Sorry, Wish I could help more.

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 1, 2012 at 9:44 am:
In my opinion, the wait is worth it because you know that the editors of TI are reading your work, and once it's been accepted, you tend to feel happy. (I don't think anyone is saddened by the fact that their work is online and everyone who wants to can read it). Also, TI doesn't have to allow so much work to be published on their site. They choose to put it up there, and by doing so they're doing you a favor.  Sometimes, the wait can be a bit irrational, but patience is a n... (more »)

EdgarAllenPoe said...
Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:09 pm:
Ok first off this website is free its a service dont bite the hand that feeds you. Second they have to go through so much paper work to make sure you didnt copy someones work to make sure you didnt break any laws because if they post it and the real author decides to sue they do not sue you they sue Teen Ink because when you submitting the article you basically gave it to Teen 
Ink That is my thoughs on the Subject

BabblingPollyPolliwog replied...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 5:38 pm :
I like your username, but, btw, his middle name is Allan.

casey261 said...
Jul. 8, 2012 at 12:55 pm:

TeenInk.com/hot_topics/letters_to_the_editor/article/439907/The-Approval-Process/

Link to my new article, concerning the approval process. And yes, I'm the author of that little paragraph up there

SAMMurray said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm:
For me it took 2 months (for 3 pictures), I dont really know why though :(

SAMMurray said...
Jun. 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm:

KelliB said...
May 15, 2012 at 11:46 am:
It just depends. I've had it take a day to taking 2 weeks plus. TO THE AUTHOR- actually I had something get rejected for "material inappropriate for teenagers". This didnt make sense to me because my article was published in my school's newspaper and online. It was about genetic engineering. I even used the word gender instead of s.e.x. BUt it was a no go. I don't really understand it but I guess it just wasn't what they were looking for.

wishingtheskywasbluerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 9, 2012 at 1:03 am:
the editor's are doing their best to make teenink a better website . . . give them a break

ElkieLion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm:
Hey guys, I'm new here. How long does it usually take memoirs to be looked over by the editors? I'm sort of excited to find out what they think and I've been checking every day, but still nothing. What's the longest it’s taken you guys to get something approved or published? Thanks :)