How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

dxrider27 said...
I am extremely new to this and I submitted 4 works and I hope it doesn't take as long as you say it does

dxrider27 replied...
Yeah Hopefully

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Don't worry I'm still waiting to get published too. I have some pictures you should check out though. Do you?

dxrider27 replied...
May 1, 2010 at 9:57 am
No, no pictures CassoeSherman14, but would u like to be my friend on here' I have none.

dxrider27 replied...
May 1, 2010 at 10:00 am
Sorry, I mean CassieSherman14. Lolzzz

ok that would be cool! Can you actually add people to a friends list on here or do we just talk on forums and stuff???

dxrider27 replied...
I think u can. You go to your account and add friends or something like tht

Ok I'll try to find it thanks.

dxrider27 replied...
Sorry I checked and its not there

That's ok... we can just comment on each other's work and give each other suggestions.

I just got a book review published on the teenink website... will you please read it and rate it? thanks.

dxrider27 replied...
Ok I will rate the book review

Thank you dxrider27!!!

dxrider27 replied...
your welcome CassieSherman14

KaTieWoW replied...
Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:01 am
I hope you are right Cassie, because one reason I joined was to get some real reviews on my poems, and it won't matter after a couple of months.

Padfoot56 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really? That's interesting. What genre is your piece? The day that I signed up for TeenInk (about two weeks ago), I submitted something. I was published three days ago.

From experience of being editor-in-chief of a literary magazine, reading each submission and deciding if it is publishing worthy takes a lot more time than most people realize. I don't think that it's unreasonable to wait for two to three weeks to hear back from TeenInk. I'm sure that they receive hundreds of submissons every day and that the staff is doing their best to update TeenkInk daily.

casey261 replied...
Two to three weeks is fine with me, but I've been waiting months to get my pieces approved. . . :/

Padfoot56 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

xvictoriaxrose said...
Personally, I think we need a larger review staff. The submissions should still be reviewed. Did anyone ever think about this: If there is an edit article button couldn't people sumbit a G rated work and then "edit" it to be something offensive or inappropriate? In a perfect world, it would be used for the right thing but there are real creeps out there who would use it in a destructful manner.

elfiewrites said...
I am relatively new, and I hope that this process doesn't take too long (: