How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Thinker said...
Maby the reason it takes so long is that the editor want to be the first to read the work; so that way it can be online and in the magizne on the same day. I agree though it does take quite a bit of time, by the time they actually start publishing my work I will probably have over a hundred pieces waiting to be reviewed. I suppose that if you wanted it to go up quickly you could always post your work in respose to another persons.

EllaMcFarley said...
YES!!! This is soooo annoying... I agree, that it should be posted immediately. Then if someone finds it offensive, they can report it, and then the people who look through stuff only have to go through those things reported!!!!

Vampyro replied...
That would make sense

Shreya G. said...
I KNOW RIGHT!!! I mean its been about two weeks since i submitted atleast 3 poems, and i really want to know if they would get published in the magazine(i have confidence in my work). BUT IT IS TAKING THEM FOREVER TO REPLY, and i don't have that much patience!!!

CassieSherman14 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I totally agree with you... I have confidence I will do well and I'm sure you will too but not so much on patience... Just remember though that anything worth waiting for in life might take a long time to happen and will take a lot of patience... don't worry our writing will show up eventually.Don't give up.  Also if you don't get published in like writing a poem then try writing a story or something else and that might help. the more you post and the more catagories you post in the more li... (more »)

sakurasnowflake replied...
i sent them a email, and they eventually sent me a reply. But i was heartbroken when i found out that my poem didnt make it!! But i didnt give up, because after that i sent like 10 more to them...LOL!!

dxrider27 said...
I am extremely new to this and I submitted 4 works and I hope it doesn't take as long as you say it does

I am kind of new to but don't worry you'll get published sometime.

dxrider27 replied...
Yeah Hopefully

Don't worry I'm still waiting to get published too. I have some pictures you should check out though. Do you?

dxrider27 replied...
May 1, 2010 at 9:57 am
No, no pictures CassoeSherman14, but would u like to be my friend on here' I have none.

dxrider27 replied...
May 1, 2010 at 10:00 am
Sorry, I mean CassieSherman14. Lolzzz

ok that would be cool! Can you actually add people to a friends list on here or do we just talk on forums and stuff???

dxrider27 replied...
I think u can. You go to your account and add friends or something like tht

Ok I'll try to find it thanks.

dxrider27 replied...
Sorry I checked and its not there

That's ok... we can just comment on each other's work and give each other suggestions.

I just got a book review published on the teenink website... will you please read it and rate it? thanks.

dxrider27 replied...
Ok I will rate the book review

Thank you dxrider27!!!