How Long Submissions Take to be Approved

By , Hainesport, NJ
It seems that when you submit something, it takes weeks, perhaps even months for it to be approved. Everything is always published on the website, is it not? Has anyone ever received a letter saying your article was not approved and will never will be? I don't think so. Why not just post everything up right away so we no longer have to wait and wait to see our work up online.

Tiger2 said...
today at 10:26 pm:
I just somehow deleted something from my iCloud and I can't get it back. But it's on teen ink (or at least I submitted it) but i can't get to the file. Is there a way to get to something I've submitted before it is posted?

ConstanceContraireThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 11 at 12:43 pm:
Oh yes, the art of patience :P

RegonethThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 15 at 2:59 pm:
Patience is ultimately, my enemy. But, I see how hard it must be for the editor to go through hundreds of submissions a day. I shall use the time it takes for my first piece of work to get published to get to know Patience a bit better.

sanfranciscowriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 7 at 11:54 pm:
My first piece got approved within 2 days, but the two I've submitted heven't made it on in a week. Submit multiple works and they shuold find yours :)

OodthebeautifulandtalentedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 5 at 6:39 pm:
I wasn't sure if you were saying that the website forgot to bleep out a curse word of yours, but I know that in one of my pieces there are bleeped out curses and one was not bleeped.  Maybe there are words they find appropriate even though they're curses?

Hmsath1214This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 6 at 12:24 pm:
Mr .Susol sorry typo  

Jan. 6 at 12:23 pm:
i submitted a educator of the year like two months ago and it's still pending approval is it just me or does everyone have to wait this long Mr. Suso has my hand written copy  

XOBookishXOThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:56 pm:
Oh,  that means I'll be waiting a while. 

lkk4209This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm:
 The reason it takes so long is because they recieve so many submissions, and have to read through all of them to make sure there isn't something that breeches the guidelines. One of my pieces was rejected before. I was surprised, because I didn't think I violated any guidelines, but I wasn't too upset about it.

RunnergirlAlli said...
Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:36 am:
I acutally have just had a poem of mine rejected, and I have to say I was rather upset. But without roadblocks, you don't become a good climber. I don't however think things should be posted right away, that opens the door to plagiarism and we don't want that. 

YozoraK said...
May 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm:
I haven't had work rejected yet, but a lot of my poetry takes awhile to be approved.  Yet I think that because a lot of a certain type of writing is submitted at time that it takes longer for them to get through it, yet once they get to a whole bunch of someone's then it gets published in a bundle.  For instance, I've published at least 20 poems, and 17 of them were put under the Free Verse section, which I can guess gets tons of submissions a day.  Typically, I submit... (more »)

Lokelani said...
I didn't know your articles could be rejected, so obviously it's never happened to me. I was irritated with how long submissions took to go through when I first started Teen Ink, but now it doesn't take as long. A week is all. But I do poetry, so it makes a difference, as others have said.

JazzyJay said...
All my work is published in less than a week. I did however submit one book and it ended up not being published but I think that was because itr was only 8 pages and most of my work is 30- 40 pages long.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:57 am:
Your article is interesting, but I never experience that. Of the probably 25 entry u done in the past 6 monst, only 3 have been rejected. When they were, I was sent a notice saying reject because either subject matter or grammar (in my case it was grammar). And also, a tip to users if u submit something to a broad catgory like "free verse poetry" or "realistic fiction" it going take longer and your article not going to be feature. I'm fact, out the 22 articles I have written , the 2 that been... (more »)

sweetangel4lifeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:45 am:
i had a small article rejected i think it was cause i used an innaprotiate word. i took it out and it was accepted a few weeks later .i think it takes so long because the editors of the website have to read them and everything.

TheSkyOwesMeRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:58 pm:
I totally agree! I've submitted a haiku (!) a month or so ago, and it's still not been rejected or accepted yet. 

NewIdentity This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:42 am:
I have also had a poem rejected before. I think it was because I quoted someone else's poem and then responded to it with my own poem. After it was rejected I resubmitted the poem without quoting the other poem and it was accepted. It was rejected because not all the work was mine, even though I was not claiming to have written the other poem.

XizzioThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:00 pm:
I've actually had a piece rejected before, it kind of broke my spirits for a while but I'm back puting up work. I'm not sure what causes them to reject or accept pieces, mine was something I had written about school, but I could see why they had rejected it because it had a very sad ending. So, yeah, I mean I agree it does take a while, but they should be reading through the pieces because it took me having my piece rejected to realize that maybe it wasn't appropriate for the website.

WriterHeadThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:02 pm:
with my work, it takes about a week to get published/approved. however, when i see when my work is published, it seems like it was a time way before i actually saw it on the website.

awray0 said...
When I first started it took them a week to approve. But now when I submit my poems it takes a few days to get them approved.