MySpace, Facebook, who needs them?

In the article 'Not In My Space' by Sara B. it says that MySpace and facebook could ruin your future. I totally agree with her in this article. People are being bullied, harassed and sexually harassed on these social networking sites. It's bad what people do to each other on these sites, from people being bullied I've heard stories of people committing suicide because of the intensity of the bulling that goes on. All those reasons have made me decide that I don't want or need one, if you have that chance of those things happening to you. All the people being bullied on these sites, could have avoided it all by not having one. The people that want to sexually harass someone online and off-line, there is something psychologically wrong with them. When she said it would haunt you, I took it as, if you write something and it discriminatory, profane, and or sexually explicit content and thing that you wouldn't say out loud or in front of your parents, your employers can see it. If your employer sees any of those negative things it could make you not get a promotion, or make you lose your job, and at that young age you don't want that.

tytiana321 said...
Dec. 13, 2009 at 7:16 am:
I agree with you!

WriterWannaBeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 21, 2010 at 3:06 pm :
Even though I have used Facebook in the past, I totally agree with you!

Jacks replied...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 10:47 am :
some people dont have texting/phones and when school lets out how r they supposed to stay in touch with their friends? yes theres such a thing as email but if u want to have a back and forth conversation then facebook/myspace is a good way to do it. i agree that things u put on the internet can come back to haunt you, so how about this - dont say or post anything inapropriate, dont talk to creepoids, and make sure your friends arent the kind of people to talk chizz when u arent t... (more »)

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 15, 2010 at 10:19 pm :
I agree. You don't want to get me started on the disadvantages of facebook. People are looking their ability to communicate face to face. They run out of things to say because they are so used to being able to stop conversations whenever they want. It's really annoying.