The Domino Effect This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

After reading “The Domino Effect,” I felt as if the writer, Kurtis H, was ­unhappy with how he was living. I can relate to his point that when you live in a small town everyone knows your business because I live in one too.

I consider my tight-knit community to be a positive thing because no matter where you go, you know someone. The closeness of friends, family, and teachers gives me a sense of comfort in everything I do. The pressure from the community can also push you to do the best you can so you don't let anyone down.

As a senior, I feel that my time is ­coming to break away from this small community and learn how to survive on my own. Kurtis's story was well written and I appreciated his connection through the story title.

RukiaKuchiki123 said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 11:13 am
You are right, that story opened your eyes. I wish you luck in life and that you make the best of it. I'm only in middle school... I have a LOOOONG way to go.