Stand Clear of the Closing Doors | Teen Ink

Stand Clear of the Closing Doors

By KyleGarbacz GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
KyleGarbacz GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

This article really paints a clear picture in my head of the New York City subways. I have never been in a subway before and I have only been to New York City once in my life. As I read this story I feel as if I am there experiencing the trip. This article sort of reminds me of life. He had mentioned all the different uses of the subway. A relation to life is that there are many interpretations to the meaning of life. He could also be talking about the journey of life. The beginning of the journey is when he is getting on the subway. The middle is when he is looking at the many things that make the ride (life) interesting. Throughout life you come in contact with many different kinds of people. The end is when he gets off and when he is thinking about what happened on the subway ride, or reflecting on the life he has lived. I really like how he put so much detail into his article. At the end of the article, he wrote, ‘I revel in the idea that the subway has been here for over a hundred years and millions of people have taken the same journey that I take every day.’ We all have some of the same experiences, but how we live is how we use those experiences.

Love the descriptions