Not in My Space by Sara Bieshke | Teen Ink

Not in My Space by Sara Bieshke

By Vanessa Palma SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Vanessa Palma SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

"Not in My Space" by Sara B makes some interesting and true points about the dangers of social websites. I wasn't surprised that she talked about cyberbullying, sexual predators, and how teens run the risk of "of sabotaging their own future." While she has some valid arguements, I disagree with her directive that teens should never be on these sites. Teens just need to be very careful with what the publish on these sites because like Sara said, "What you type now can come back to haunt you." She is correct because colleges and future employers look up on these websites, and if you have something inappropriate it can harm your opportunities. These websites are used for a lot of wonderful reasons. For example, to keep in touch with new and old friends. Recently I got in touch with many of my friends from my childhood. My old friends from kindergarten and from middleschool. Without sites like Facebook and Myspace we would not be able to contact friends so easily. Sarah does make good points you do need to be careful, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have the opportunity to have a place to socialize.

on Oct. 27 2009 at 11:00 am
Thats a good point