Football at Its Best | Teen Ink

Football at Its Best MAG

October 14, 2009
By Aaron Wilson BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557, Massachusetts
Aaron Wilson BRONZE, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I strongly disagree with Corbin S's opinion in his article “Football at Its Best.” As a fan of NFL football, I do not get tired of the same players each year. In the college system, with new players each year, the rookies have to learn the system, and then many leave after a couple years when they go pro. You don't get to see them develop into superstars. If you have a favorite college player, it's likely he will get drafted by an NFL team, so you will not get to see him play for his school. And the odds are that he probably won't start in his rookie pro season either.



And what happens if your star college player gets drafted and he was the reason your team was so good? Now your team drops in the rankings and its games may not even be televised. In the NFL, when a team has a star player, they rarely get rid of him unless he is troublesome or does something stupid like shoot himself in the leg (Plaxico Burress). In the NFL, the games are a lot more competitive compared to college ball, and close games are more fun to watch than blowouts. Therefore, I like the NFL much better than college football.