Feedback for "My Towers Crumbled Too" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“My Towers Crumbled Too” is a great piece by Amber G. about her experience of being treated unfairly after 9/11. She was elected class president on September 10, 2001, and she was filled with pride and joy. Then just two days later, after 9/11, she was verbally abused by classmates, who called her a “terrorist,” “bomber,” and “murderer,” and she was crushed. Just because she is from the Middle East, her classmates concluded that she was to blame for 9/11.

I have seen things like this in movies and read it in books, but I've never heard of it happening to someone so young. I feel really bad for those who were treated unfairly after 9/11. This kind of thing is happening all over the country and it is not okay. People should understand that just because someone is from the Middle East, they are not to blame for the attack. Prejudice is wrong.