My Towers Crumbled too This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

This story by Amber Garfur, is about a very sad life changing experience. She, Amber Garfur, was elected class president for her fifth grade class on September 10th, 2001. She was treated like a princess and cheered for. She felt like she was on the top of the world. She was in a way because she beat Victoria who had always been their class president. September 11th passed. Kids heard rumors about the attack. They didn’t really know what had happened. The terrorist flew into the Twin Towers (destroying them) and hit the side of the Pentagon. Planes were headed for the White House. The terrorist killed thousands of people including themselves. A suicidal terrorist attack that had been planned for months. The USA had no idea. Including Amber. On the 12th of September she had been abused physically and verbally. The abusers were her “so called” friends and peers. Her “friends” were calling her nasty things like: “terrorist, bomber, murderer”. Her own teacher said to her mom that she should keep Amber home. It all happened to her because she was from middle eastern descent. That's where the actual terrorist were from. She was treated like one of them. Like an object that just bombed her towers. I think that this girl, Amber, was strong and persistent. She has an amazing soul. Her friends were being jerks to their own president who they voted for. That's how two-sided this country is sometimes, and it shows what the media can do to people, and families. Amber had nothing to do with the attack but yet she was blamed like she was the terrorist. It is not her fault she is of Middle Eastern descent. They were her towers too.

Sam P. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 9:03 am
Well written!