Feedback for "Poetry Is Never Easy" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Poetry is never easy.” How true. Amy D. wrote her poem about the process of creating one. “Try to/remember and keep straight in your cluttered head” is one of her suggestions. She also offers some useful tips, like, “Get an idea and hold on tight to it/because soon enough you are going to be/distracted.” She also mentions overused subjects in poetry like “Butterflies on pretty flowers/sunsets/or/Love.” Seriously, how common are poems like this?

The fuzzy pink butterfly,
It sings its song of joy.
I smile as it soars!

It leaves me thinking, Really, REALLY? Poetry is difficult to write because you want to make it unique and good. And you want to turn it in on time! “Poetry Is Never Easy” is a poem that I agree with. Poetry is never easy!

DuskAndDestiny said...
YES!!! I agree all the way; poetry isn't an easy feat (especially, might I add, when rhyming, rhythm, and other writing devices are included). Poets do overuse certain subjects, love being one of my peeves. Poetry has become venturing into something unique, which isn't as easy as it may seem. ;)

Inkspired said...
I agree on you with overused subjects, however, poetry is a way to express your feelings too, not just a form of writing. Love poems are born from frustration or joy, or whatever other part of love, and many are good. Every sunset is different, so sunset poems are too. Of course, making your poetry unique is important, but it must have emotion behind it, no matter what. If that requires a love poem, so be it, so long as it is spectacular.