Feedback for "Pledge" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

“Pledge” by Sarah is a poem that describes how every girl feels. I personally am not struggling with anorexia, but I know girls who are. Even though I don’t have an eating disorder, that doesn’t mean I like how I look. Many girls probably feel the same way. I don’t know anyone who loves everything about themselves.

This poem really describes the way many girls think, which is why I love it. I too will make a pledge not to envy others’ looks, but to be happy I’m me and no one else.

I think this poem is very inspiring because it will make many girls take steps as Sarah did and pledge to like themselves for who they are. It takes a strong person to write about how she feels and actually listen to her own advice. Sarah has a plan that would work for anyone. It isn’t just a poem; it is a piece that could save lives.

SMWells said...
A pledge,to like yourself? I've never herd of such a thing. I don't like myself. So I'm trying to chang what I don't like for the better. I haven't read the poem you speek of. But it's not looks I'm worried about. I'm not prety, but it's what a person is on the inside that counts.