Feedback on: Migraines vs. My Life | Teen Ink

Feedback on: Migraines vs. My Life

October 28, 2019
By julia_hurynovich BRONZE, Brooklyn, Ny, New York
julia_hurynovich BRONZE, Brooklyn, Ny, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I really enjoyed "Migraines vs. My Life" by:Holly because it enlightened me more on the topic and was relatable. The title instantaneously drew me in because I myself suffer from severe migraines that have affected my personal life and education.

I absolutley loved the inclusion of the first time you really had a severe migraine, and the detailed description of how you felt in that moment. Lines like: "Every time I moved my eyes, daggers pierced them and every sound ripped through my ears as if fireworks were shot directly at my eardrums" helped me truly understand to what extent the pain you were in felt like.It really put me in your point of view and helped me understand the pain and panic you felt. I came to the realization that if I, someone who truly believed that I was the only person that understood the painful and bewildering obstacle that defines itself as migraines could relate to this article, then others could too. Overall, I really enjoyed your piece on migraines and I thank you for sharing your story with the world.