Trapped in Society | Teen Ink

Trapped in Society

October 22, 2019
By ChillAlex18 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
ChillAlex18 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 Within the article Trapped in Society I completely agree with Autumn for the fact that as we look around our society within our own time we begin to notice ideas that are protuded out into our visual plane on a certain topic or goal that we should all aim for. Take weight for example. We see people being shamed and outcasted for the sole fact that they don't fit into what is known as "Society norms". Sure we see strong leaders that want change to come into our world, but really their like players in a game making moves to gain power, with us staying oblivious to this. Many are insecure with their looks and appeal greatly to their feeling of satisfaction when they are accepted by someone else's perspective. Yeah we have people going against these "norms" and try to be different, but even then many still see them as "weirdos" or "freaks" since they just don't fit in. Thats also due to the fact that our current generation lacks so much confidence and have a low self esteem that literally anything thats said about them in a negative perspective that they will think lowley of themselves, but that doesn't fit for everyone in our generation, but it is a majority. In reality it's all a game for big corporations for them to gain power over the mass and influence them to think of whats not the truth to become reality, since in reality the major factor influence in our society is commerce and money, the main ideas of Capitalism. But to round up my ideas, I would like to applaud Autumn for this whole hearted story and for bringing to light the downfalls that stand and stay within our current society.