review | Teen Ink

review

By alawrence-2023 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
alawrence-2023 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “Party Culture and Feminism,” written by Noah Tunis, talks about sexism and prejudice. His writing left me feeling curious. 

This story “Party Culture and Feminism” is about how boys are based on masculinity and “promote” sexism, but do I agree that boys are only judging girls in a biased way? No, I don’t. As stated in the article, “I kept hearing this phrase. ‘The guys want this.’ ‘The guys think that.’” I came to the conclusion that guys perceive and think this was only judged on how the “girl” acts. For example, if I went to a party and started flirting with all the boys then they are going to assume that im “easy.” It all comes down to responsibility and peoples actions. As stated in the article, “When women, when minorities, are put down and labeled as an entire group, they feel angry.” For many years women have had no say in anything and was automatically pushed to the bottom, while men have had opportunities ranging from school to becoming president! So, when a group of girls are labeled as “weak” we are going to get angry! Everyone should be treated fairly and we should look at the facts and compare the outcome before judging anyone.