Feedback on Bird Box | Teen Ink

Feedback on Bird Box

March 28, 2019
By eileenlilin SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
eileenlilin SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
blackpink in your areaa


The movie review of “Bird Box” by Mayson Blanck involves the constant praising of the story’s apparent “suspense plot” and “great resolution”. Though plot and resolution are definite key components of the movie’s storyline, they are executed poorly, alongside unlikable, robotic characters.

    Everything about the movie was wholeheartedly disappointing. The main characters were bland with zero defining qualities, and the action was delayed constantly by meaningless conversations and “tragic backstories”. The article states “The plot goes more in-depth and includes many scenarios which throw obstacles at the characters.” Yes, this is what a movie is supposed to do at the most basic of levels, have conflicts. Is there any reference to the characters throughout any of this? No, because the characters are a complete blank slate and in moments of utmost importance, display a show of incredible stupidity, even by the standards of a horror movie. The author admits the insufficiency of the resolution herself, though she apparently spun the fact that there was “nothing being resolved” into a positive aspect of the film. It remains that it is not a resolution in any shape or form, and comes out of absolutely nowhere. Bird Box possesses far too numerous flaws to be considered one of the best films for anyone to watch, with its terribly written characters, stagnant plot, and the most pathetic excuse of a resolution.