Say it first (One of us has to) | Teen Ink

Say it first (One of us has to)

By Melody2002 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Melody2002 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

In the article "Say it first( One of us has to)," Jordyn, the author of this piece, tells a great story about friendship and how important it is to not let distance break a friendship that you've had since your younger years. This article is very moving, especially to me since something just like that happned to me. When I moved from Cuba to come to the U.S i left all my friends since i was a baby behind, over the years we have lost touch, and at the moment I'm not sure if calling them friends is still accurate. The part of her story that i related most to, or at least was most emotonal towards was when she said, "Friendship is too valuable to be disrupted by something as insignificant as a few thousnad miles". The reason why I felt so moved by this quote is because it made me realize that I should at least try to contact my friends we had great times together, and they always were supportive of me, so i shouldn't let distance break that. I want to thank Jordyn for giving me the courage of contacting my old friends, and making me realize that I shouldn't give up on that friendship.