The Modern Zoo: Saving Species from Extinction | Teen Ink

The Modern Zoo: Saving Species from Extinction

By mckennah2022 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
mckennah2022 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing “ The Modern Zoo: Saving Species from Extinction written by Wilson Sherman talks about saving animals that are about to become extinct. I agree with what she is talking about in the article. I think zoos are a good way to keep certain animals from going extinct. In the article she says “ many zoos have made wildlife conservation a key pillar of their missions.” I think this is a good thing because once again it helps animals that are about to go extinct and it shows people why we need to help the animals now before they are gone. In the article she says “zoos serve as a place to teach children and remind adults that wildlife and wild spaces still, exist, and our society holds the future of the species survival in our hands.” I think this is a good argument because it shows what we can do to help the animals. The girl in the article also talks about how she volunteered at a zoo and the CCF mission and how it really impacted how she thought about animals, and other ways she could help.