The Man Who Fell in Love with Death | Teen Ink

The Man Who Fell in Love with Death

By Maddie5224 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Maddie5224 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The article “The Man Who Fell in Love with Death.” was written really well. The only thing about this story is that for some people this story is a little creepy and dark because the article talks about a man who was about to die and he came into contact with death, but later he wanted to die so he could be with death, but it wasn’t his time. The couple of times he came in contact with death, the setting was really creepy “Standing there, in a hood of dark is a creature. Its scythe drags besides him, scraping against the floor. Sparks fly from the contact, casting shadows on its robe. Nothing is visible beneath the hood, there is only deep darkness…” This shows that the creature is scary and is meant to inflict fear in its victims. The man in this story isn’t scared though he likes the way the creature makes him feel “Its hand comes up to meet his; the man feels the cold leaking through the thin glass. He gives it a smile, a dimple indenting in his cheek “ I miss you,” he sighs.” The man also wants to stay with the creature and doesn’t want to go back to the real world “Its hand shoots out. It grips the man’s arm tightly. His skin prickles in response. “I can’t live without you. I realized that. I haven’t been able to eat or sleep. It sounds kind of ironic, but your killing me. I need you.” The overall feeling of this story is a bit scary and creepy, but it’s also telling a man’s experience with death.