My Review on | Teen Ink

My Review on

In the writing titled, “But…She’s a girl,” by Jack Ovalcin, I was left feeling proud. The author talked about how girls are usually seen as inferior or not being strong enough to do what boys can. I find this false, and I am very glad she did too. She says, “That because I was a girl, I was physically inadequate to them. I was enraged by the way they ignored me.” The author wrote about her being on an all-boys basketball team. She talked about how everyone stared at her and did not treat her the same as the boys. The boys on the team didn’t even have the confidence in her, as they would not pass her the ball, “I realized the guys on my team were not passing me the ball, even though I was clearly open and ready for a drive.” I find these situations happening everywhere. Guys are usually asked to help when someone needs to move something heavy, but in those situation, I step right up and make it known that I am just as capable. All girls are just as capable. Girls may not look as “jacked” as guys can, but that means nothing. Girls have evolved over the years, I think our way of thinking towards us should too.