Body Language | Teen Ink

Body Language

By K_Phan19 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
K_Phan19 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

I can relate to Emma S. when she wrote about insecurities in her article "Body Language." As a young girl growing up and other girls, we all feel insecure about something that we wish we could just get rid of and leave it to be, but in reality we cannot change who we are. No one should never have to change who they are because no one is perfect, but we all do have something in common within us and that is we are all unique in our own way. In the past, I have been called names such as "a twig, an anorexic, ugly, a flat iron." These words had affected myself badly at that time because I did not realize it until someone pointed out to me. People thought they can joke around about that, but within myself, I felt embarassed about who I was. Now as a teenager, I have learned that I should definitely love myself for who I am because the only person that truly knows me is myself. I should never listen to other's negativity in my life. I am beautiful. I am intelligent. I am unique. I am who I am. Thank you, Emma for addressing the most important issue that people tend to ignore and what teenagers had to go throughout their teen life.