Why My Vote Matters | Teen Ink

Why My Vote Matters

December 19, 2018
By renee2247 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
renee2247 BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

"Why My Vote Matters" by Kimberly H. is a heart-warming piece. Kimberly talks about the importance of voting to set a different path for future generations. For example, Kimberly's grandfather and his father came to America for a better life, something not far from today's reality, and to give their children opportunities that weren't given to them. That is why voting is so important nowadays, we have a chance to choose who we want to represent us and to make a better country for the coming generations. As Kimberly said "a single vote may not seem like much, but it could be the difference between life and death." She is not wrong, a single vote can make many changesand we could finally live in the country our grandfathers and fathers came looking for. As a daughter of a father who came to America to give his family a better opportunity, I never really cared about the importance of me voting, I was oblivious to the fact that I can make a change by voting and after reading Kimberly's words, now I know how important it is for me to go and vote, to go and start making a change for this country. Kimberly, thank you for writing this magnificent article and for giving me a new sense of knowledge and a way to honor my past generation.