Double Vision | Teen Ink

Double Vision

November 26, 2018
By HaileyJo8 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
HaileyJo8 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “Double Vision,” written by Anthony R., talks about his own eyesight and how it effects his daily life. His writing left me feeling moved and encouraged. Anthony’s essay left me awestruck and motivated not only in my own life but to encourage others to do the same. I can relate, having a little brother with a disability. It is tragic but leads me to a new outlook on life. Anthony has a vision problem and cannot see things the way other people can. The author says, “I was blessed and cursed with two eyes of my own.” There are definitely pros and cons in this situation. He seems to only look at the pros. He is also a wrestler, and he manages to win a reginal championship mainly because his eyes wouldn’t let him see the clock, which is a thing that most wrestlers struggle with. He also was asked to tutor a boy who was failing four classes and was given up on hope, but Anthony thought differently: “In my eyes, he had tremendous potential.” He doesn’t dwell on his misfortunate incident, he helps others with their troubles as well. This is very inspiring story and I encourage others to take after him.


The author's comments:

It is about a atudent/athlete that has messed up vision.