Grandma Said the F Word | Teen Ink

Grandma Said the F Word

By mckennah2022 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
mckennah2022 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing by Molly G. in the article “Grandma Said the F Word” talks about how boys and girls should be treated the same. This article talks about a teen girl growing up and how her mom may have raised her differently than other kids. She tells how her mom grew up in a forward-thinking household. For example, her mom made her watch the sex ed video at a very young age. She thought it was embarrassing at the time but understands it now. In the article it says, “My mom understanding of gender was relatively progressive: It didn’t influence capability, both genders deserved fair and equal treatment, basic human rights.” I agree with what she is saying her because I also think all genders should be treated the same. Also in the article it states, “She actively exposed me to traditionally ‘boy’s’ and ‘girl’s’ toys, making sure I had equal access to both and could decide which to play with for myself.” I thought this was a good idea because it let the girl choose for herself. Overall, this article makes people see different things in different ways.