Cross Country Really Actually Exists | Teen Ink

Cross Country Really Actually Exists

By EmmaBloomfield BRONZE, Defiance Ohio, Ohio
EmmaBloomfield BRONZE, Defiance Ohio, Ohio

Issue Date November 18

Page 30

The writing titled “Cross Country Actually Exists,” written by Brooke B., talks about how cross country doesn’t get recognized for anything and always forgotten. Her writing left me feeling understanding because I  know how it feel when you work really hard in something, and you don’t get recognized. Also it left me feeling relatable because I'm going to be running but, I know how it feels because their were hardly any kids at their meets and at pep rallys only the really really good runner get recorded.In “Cross Country actually exist” talks about, how they work hard and how  they don't get recognised for anything while all the other sports do. In the article that Brooke B. wright she saids” we get up early in the morning to go run 10 miles.” Cross country runners work really hard to beat their P.R ahd to do well at meets. Brooke B. also said,” even at pep rallies we don't get recognised.” “I want to be noticed that I’m working hard for something.” ” I don't expect people to show up at 7 a.m. but, I want to be noticed.” She also mentioned that they don't get anything new. “ The football players get to walk around in their new jerseys while we walk around with old ones.” she wrote.