Our Dead Mountain | Teen Ink

Our Dead Mountain

By Ryleenikole22 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
Ryleenikole22 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.- Aristotle

The writing titled “Our Dead Mountain,” written by Ergene K., talks about the main characters little sister. This writing left me feeling amazed and wanted to know more.This article was well written. I specifically loved the figurative language. My favorite line where he expressed how quickly something can happen is, “ In a single moment, with one orientation and signing of simple papers, our world was interrupted and broken and torn down then patch back together again to create a myriad of chains.” I loved reading this article because it was so descriptive and just mesmerizing. It was almost like I was there in person watching it all happen when I was reading.  For example the author said, “ rain crashed into burnt orange leaves of autumn that hung from sycamores and plane trees alike.” Lastly I really liked the end of the story when the author writes”... I will be waiting here to sing you your song.” This to me showed the bond between a brother and his little sister.