Cross Country Actually Exists | Teen Ink

Cross Country Actually Exists

November 26, 2018
By UCBearcat BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
UCBearcat BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled "Cross Country Actually Exists," written by Brook B., talks about sports. His writing left me feeling good, thoughtful, and appreciated. In my opinion, I agree with the author and the article. I think the reason I can relate to the article is because i'm in cross country. I do understand the article because when the author says, "It's so uplifting to watch the football and volleyball players walk out onto the court at peprallies.  They sit in the chairs as if the chairs are thrones, knowing very well that the attention of the entire school is on them. Meanwhile, the cross country team watches from up in the stands, awaiting their race the next morning." I'm not surprised just because cross country gets no respect or attention. I do see the same issue in my school because here we get made fun of for doing this sport. "Once again, we did not get acknowledged at the pep rally," said the author. In my own oppinion the article is written well and to the point. The arguments in the article are valid and strong because they tell the truth about cross country compared to other sports.