Feedback on Riley Avery's Life Through Her Author Bios | Teen Ink

Feedback on Riley Avery's Life Through Her Author Bios

November 2, 2018
By Delfina05 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Delfina05 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“Riley Avery’s Life Through Her Author Bios” by Betsy Jenifer is a beautifully composed short story. It consists of a combination of mini author bios that create a story. This is an anecdote about a fictional character named Riley Avery, and it discusses the important points of her life. Each paragraph is an author bio, discussing important things about Riley Avery. For example: her age, where she lives, who she lives with, general information about Riley Avery at the time, what she does on a regular basis, etc. The author develops Riley Avery through mini biographies, which is a fascinating way to go about character development. The bios worked together perfectly. Betsy Jenifer composed this incredible story in an extremely creative way.

I absolutely loved this piece. I thought it was a very creative approach to, not only writing a story but developing characters and developing the setting, as well. I was fascinated by how effective this technique was. As soon as I read the title, I was immediately intrigued, and as I continued reading the story, I fell in love with it, so I decided to submit feedback on “Riley Avery’s Life Through Her Bios.” A quote to show the incredible writing is, “Recently discovered Highlights is a work of nonfiction written but never published by writer Riley Avery, a New York Times bestselling author, who was discovered to have committed suicide last month at age fifty-two.” This shows that a portion of one of the author bios establishes a lot of information. This was the last one out of ten, so it describes the end of Avery’s life. This piece was wonderfully written with a creative writing style.