Suicide | Teen Ink

Suicide

Suicide is a huge problem in the world. Over 400,000 people take their lives each year... Although losing anyone to suicide is terrible, even worse, most suicides are in teens ages 13-20. Anyone, at anytime could be suffering from depression. Help them get the help they need.

I recently lost my father to suicide. He didn't show many signs of depression, although he did have PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) from the military. He was on many anti depression medications, and anxiety medicines. 13 days prior to his death, he stopped taking all of his medicine. So if you take your medicines responsibly, they can make a positive impact on your life. As well as your friends and family.

If you know of, or are suffering suicidal thoughts, self harm, etc... Get help as soon as possible. Your life matters! You shouldn't take that away from yourself. You are beautiful and mean something to someone in this world. No matter what people say about you, you are wonderful. Make something of yourself, and prove everyone wrong!!