Drive Past, Not Through | Teen Ink

Drive Past, Not Through

By demchukov SILVER, BATTLE GROUND, Washington
demchukov SILVER, BATTLE GROUND, Washington

"Never give up and you will be a genius!"

As you drive down the road you could see people pulling in through the drive ¨thru¨ at some kind of fast foods. People all over the world visit fast foods. A lot of Americans say to themselves that they have no time to cook something for their dinner today, plus they are really tired from working today. So they just decide to stop by at a fast food, or go through a drive ¨thru.¨ As the waiter pases your order you grab it,  you hungrily on wrap the wrapper and take a bite. One bite is worth your life. People don´t  think about what the food contains. If you visit fast foods you should stop visiting them because it’s bad for your health, contains bad ingredients,  and there is a big chance that you will have heart disease or diabetes. 

The first reason why you should stop visiting fast foods, because it’s bad for your health. Not a lot of people think about what could happen to their health if they eat fast food. Ann Pietrangelo and Elea Carey two nutritionists say, “These foods are often high in calories yet offer little or no nutritional value. When fast food frequently replaces nutritious foods in your diet, it can lead to poor nutrition, poor health, and weight gain. Tests in lab animals have even shown a negative effect in short duration diets.”  Yes a lot of people say that the food is fast, but could you believe that when the test was done on animals they showed bad reaction and other negative effects. So what could we say about us people. Isn’t our health much more precious than an animal's health? Yes our health is way precious than an animal's health.  So if you want to protect your health then you should stop visiting fast foods because fast foods harm your health.

The second reason why people visiting fast foods should stop visiting them is because, it contains bad ingredients. There are some people that don't know, or care about the ingredients that your fast food contains. “...but one of the ingredients found in fast food under the name carminic acid. This commonly used red food dye is extracted from the dried, crushed bodies of female scale insects called cochineal (including beetles). You can find this all-natural (albeit hurl-inducing) ingredient in a variety of food products, including processed poultry such as some chicken nuggets.” Says Brent Furdyk a nutritionist who studies health. Yes of course, you could tell yourself that if you order something from a fast food then you won't have make a dinner at home, which takes so much time, but could you believe eating crushed beetles in your food that you ordered at a fast food.  Yuck! This is why  people visiting fast foods should stop visiting them because, it contains awful ingredients.

Another reason why people shouldn’t visit fast foods because, there is a big chance that you will get diabetes or heart disease. What are diabetes or heart disease? Griffin P. Rodgers, a director of the National Institute of Diabetes, digestive, kidney diseases???? says, “Over time, high blood glucose levels damage nerves and blood vessels, leading to complications such as heart disease and stroke, the leading causes of death among people with diabetes. Uncontrolled diabetes can eventually lead to other health problems as well, such as vision loss, kidney failure, and amputations.” So diabetes lead to death! Here is the reason fast foods are harmful because there is a big chance that you will have heart disease or diabetes. 

Isn’t our health much more precious than an animal's health? Yes our health is way precious than an animal's health.  So if you want to protect your health then you should stop visiting fast foods because fast foods harm your health. Also, next time you want to roll down your window and take the food the waiter is passing you, think about the ingredients the food contains. Would you like crushed beetles for your dinner or spending some time over your kitchen stove?  And finally fast foods lead to diabetes or heart disease. Diabetes lead to a big percent of daeth. You  could continue visiting fast foods because it's cheap, fast and also you don’t have to spent that much time at home making dinner. You could just continue doing what you always did. Drive by the window, make an order, and eat it, but there is a big chance that you will have a heart disease or diabetes this leads to your furnival. I encourage people visiting fast foods to stop visiting them. If you do, then this will open your eyes into a new world.