A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Texting and Driving | Teen Ink

A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Texting and Driving

By CamSchricool BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
CamSchricool BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan

I love food "Cameron Schrieber"

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF

TEXTING AND DRIVING

It is melancholy object to the social problem of texting and driving, and if this conflict is not solved it will detract which will lead to more car wrecks and deaths. Texting and driving is the leading killer of teens, and a big problem in society.

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life threatening occurrence of texting and driving is very sever and about 34% of people text and drive, which is way too many people. It doesn't seem like a big deal but it is, this problem has only presented itself in the last decade when phones have become more useful, so most of citizens have them. Texting and driving is the leading reason for teen crashes. Someone needs to find a solution and should also be rewarded for their efforts.

But my intention is far from being confined to provide only the better of this solution will make sure you can't even touch your phone in the car. The solution will cut the number of deaths from texting and driving in half and that is almost curtain.

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and conclude that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be in the United states they try to stop it by making a law saying you can't texted and drive. The law is almost useless and solves nothing the police don't enforce it and no one cares for it. There is also no signs to tell you not to. The benefited for the solution that we proposed would be enforced because you have to have it.

I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.

I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should: Step one in making this solution reality is to take every car on the street and every new one made and put a censor in the dashboard. The solution is to put a censor in the driver seat and you can't lay a hand on your phone while your car is in motion. This sensor will shoot incredible pain down your leg and it will progressively get worse until you stop touching your phone.

In this scenario there will be a televised commercials saying that you need to have a censor in your car by a certain date. If  you get the censor in your car you will get a bumper sticker, censors are free. If a cop sees you without a sticker you will be ticket a sum of money until you get the censor in place.

Of course after step one we will get you register with the state that you have a censor in place and make sure every car has a bumper sticker stating that their car is up to date.

Theses drastic and sudden changes on paper might sound easy, but to get everyone in the United States that has a registered car to go to a maganic will be a little difficult. Considering that some people might not be for this proposal so why would they want it. But the benefits outway the small problems, this will put a complete end to texting and driving.

I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal but some people might say that the shock could make them freakout and crash. But the shock will be a small brusted not a continuous current so the shock will be like the lowest voltage on a tazer.

Again, no one should to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that I believe this is the only way to solve this problem. It may take a few year to be successful but will make a huge impact in the end.  I have researched texting and driving for weeks and have came up with the best solution.This is the only solution because it has to be in you car and there's no escaping it.