School Stress | Teen Ink

School Stress

By French_Fries BRONZE, San Diego, California
French_Fries BRONZE, San Diego, California

Imagine this: You are a student and you like to go to school. But there’s always something that is bothering you while you are doing work. This is called school stress. You are feeling this because of the academic activities you have to do like homework. Homework is a very stressful thing you have to do. I know that because i’ve had to deal with stress for a very long time. Imagine you have a very strict teacher. All he/she does is give you a hard time by giving you too much homework or any extracurricular activities. You worry about having a bad grade for his/her class because of things you can’t do and then you gain a lot of stress. It is really hard to overcome school stress. Does it go away someday? Can you prevent yourself from getting school stress? Its really hard to do so and trust me, even the smartest student in school can get school stress too.

There are an abundance of ways to get school stress. One cause is academic stress. There are lots of time where you have a lot of homework and you just don’t have enough time to finish all of them. Sometimes you worry about your grades and tests that you have to stay up all night to study. Another cause of school stress is social stress.p For example when you are having problems with your friend(s) or when you are getting bullied, those can be examples of getting stress. You always have to worry if you will ever have a solution with your friend or if the bully with stop bothering you. The last cause of school stress is family problems. It could either be that you are have a bad relationship with your parents or siblings. They always inspire you to do great in school but since you are having problems with them. It is okay because there is always a solution to your troubles and someday you will finally have a good relationship with them again.

The effects of school stress are that you lack motivation. You won’t put it any effort in school work. This can result in having bad grades. Another effect of school stress are erratic sleeping patterns. Sometimes you get a feeling of sleeping late every night. And some other timers you want to sleep in a different time. This affects how you sleep and wake up because you are sometimes not used to waking up at different times. This can lead to a tiring mood. One more effect is that you can get a feeling of sickness. For example, you are having a test tomorrow and it is going to be really hard. You try studying multiple times but this led to a feeling of sickness in your stomach. You decide not to school because of you sickness and worries and you have to miss out on a lot of things you have to do. So therefore, school stress can lead to consequences but it still can be solved.

One way to get rid of school stress is to be organized. You always have to know what kinds of work you are going to have to do. This way your schedule can be working swiftly. Think positively and keep things in perspective. Whenever you feel very stressed out think about good things that can happen or has happened in your life. This way you can get hyped up. Get enough sleep. Sleep for at least 9 hours everyday. This will make you very energetic and more focus on school. Studies show that students who sleeps more than the students who sleeps less get higher grades (Google, 2016). Another way to cope with school stress is to ask friends and family for help. It is important for you to get as much support as much as possible because this method makes your day feel nice and secured.

In conclusion, it is okay to have a little bit of school stress because it motivates you to try harder. But a little bit too much of stress can lead to bad things. The cause of stress are academic stress, social stress, and family stress. The effects of school stress are lack of motivation, erratic sleeping patterns, and general feelings of sickness. The ways to cope with school stress is to be organized, think positively, and ask friends and family for help. 

It is an arguement essay