Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

A health problem that widely affects teens all around the word is accidental teen pregnancy. There are multiple things that teens can do to prevent pregnancy. The two easiest ways to prevent pregnancy is by practicing abstinence or to use a birth control method such as condoms or birth control pills.

For information on all of these topics, or to get access to birth control methods, there are multiple resources around our community.

The first place is Planned Parenthood in Salem, OR. This is a reliable source for teens to go because they give out free check ups for all teens and easy to afford birth control. 

The second resource for teens is the Samaritan Regional Hospital located in Corvallis, OR. This source is great for teens because there is a full hospital filled with trained staff who are willing to help. All questions can be asked online at Samhealth.

All teens need to take responsibility for their sexual health by making sure they are practicing safe sex and watching out for their future. It is important to protect yourself from accidental teen pregnancy. A child is a large time and money commitment that not all teens are ready for. This is just one risk of unsafe sex that teens need to be aware of.

This peice was inspired by my health teacher.