My Dads Heart Attack

By , mattawan, MI
My Dad's Heart Attack

It all started when my mom and I were sitting down to eat lasagna . Then all of a sudden my dad walked in the door sweating and saying, 'My chest hurts.'

So I started worrying about my dad.

My mom said, ' Does it hurt like the first time you had a heart attack?'

'Yes it does,' he replied.

In my mind I was thinking, What you already had a heart attack? I turned to my mom and said will you take him to the hospital?

'I will but I have to talk him in to going.'

'I don't care just take him,' I replied

'Okay,' she said.

My dad went and changed and got in the car. My mom called my two older brothers to come over and keep me calm.

I asked, 'Can you have Brad bring the PS3 over too?'

'Okay I'll ask him.'

Sweet I was thinking. Brad came over and said, 'Everything is gonna be all right, he survived the last one and he WILL survive this one.'

'Thanks Brad,' I said.

After I played the PS3, My mom called and said, 'He is stable but he has a pump in his leg to give his heart a rest.'

I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I checked the schools' website to see if we had a snow day, we did so I started to walk down the hallway towards my room. Then I heard my mom call me from her room telling me to come in. She was on her bed watching T.V., she said she needed a hug and she was crying. So I asked if dad was okay. She said he was fine and he needed open heart surgery. She was going to stay in the hospital today with my dad.

'Do you want to go to Alex's house today and play with him to keep your mind off dad and I'll call you.'

'Okay' I said.

She called his mom and she said it was okay for me to come over and play video games.

I went over to Alex's house and played all day. It was like 7:00 o'clock before my mom called and asked Mrs. Kahila if I could spend the night because I was home alone because my mom was going to stay at the hospital late with my dad. She said sure so I spent the night at the Kahila's house. In the morning Mr. Kahila woke us up and we got ready to eat breakfast. Then we went to the bus and I had a normal day at school except for telling the teachers my dad had a heart attack.

My dad's home now, he's just fine. I hope I never have to experience anything like this again.

Meli_mel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
It's a touching story, but next time, remember to put in the punctuation! It was a little confusing to follow without it