Tell the Truth.

"If you eat that carrot you'll get fat." That's what I told myself everyday for 3 years. Anorexia is nothing to joke about or even get involved with.
My name is Chloe. I'm 18. Anorexia has taken over my life since I was 13 years young. It wasn't too fun. Binging and Purging. Running miles every morning and late evening. Making excuses.
It's all a crazy ride. Today, I see picures online known as 'Thinspo'. Are you kidding me? There's also communities on well-known websites. Many people writing blogs and writing entries with their stats such as BMI, Highest Weight, Lowest Weight, Height, Current Weight, Goal Weight One and Two. Of all my years of having Anorexia Nervosa not once have I been interested in 'Thinspo' or 'Tips on Distractions' or joined any 'Support Groups'. All that was on my mind was "You will be skinny no matter what it takes." I even saw a 'Letter from Ana' on one of the well-known sites. What is going through many young girl's heads? These sites don't have any age limit. Children as young as 13 are into these
chat rooms saying, "I want to be anorexic so I can be popular."
Girls, before any of you decide to 'develop' an ED...think again. Popularity is the complet opposite of an Anorexic's life.

"In memory of Evelyne J. Judes.
I love you!"

sunshine said...
First of all, no one can "become" anorexic because they want to. its not a life style that anyone chooses, and most of the girls on these websites do not ask to become anorexic, they support eachother that are anorexic.  most people don't understand them so they talk to other girls (or boys) who do.  Girls who want to become anorexics are higly stupid and we call them wannarexics. so please don't critisize these sites based on one comment from a wannarexic. real anorexics are not ve... (more »)

musicgirl757This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:12 am:
I agree. anorexia is nothing to joke about and a total hell. I lost my childhood to it. I was diagnosed with anorexia at age 11. it is nothing to want. it is terrible and should not be anything to want to be. thank you for writting this. people need to know this. im sorry that you have to suffer with this too. i hope you find recovery soon.

tough_girl17 replied...
Jan. 13, 2010 at 6:17 pm :
Thank you for reading! :D