Childhood Obesity | Teen Ink

Childhood Obesity

Important aspects of personal growth and development are common struggles. One of the toughest common struggles out there to face is obesity. Three objectives in overcoming obesity is first, have the mind set in how this task is going to be accomplished. Second, how losing weight helps people obtain their health. Third is to have perseverance. Obesity is not something to joke about, CNN reporter Carl Azuz stated “Most teenagers that are obese tend to commit suicide.” Twenty percent of all children will grow up to be obese according to www.medicalnewstoday.com. Obese children are made fun of inside school and/or outside of school. A lot of overweight people are not satisfied with themselves. It is not easy being different than everybody. A lot of children face fortitude when it comes to this topic.

Generally, overcoming obesity is to have the mid set to how the task is going to be completed. If not, the brain will reiterate and stop wanting to accomplish the goal. To lose weight is not so easy until the body and head are set to accomplish the task. When that moment comes around where it feels like the time to set the goal, to lose that weight, it will be easier to get on that pace.

Furthermore, obese people should try and lose weight because of their health according to www.mayoclinic.com. The risk that people take for just that one last burger could possibly hurt them even more. It is well known that obesity is associated with a variety of negative health effects, such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and certain types of cancer. That’s why people should have to work themselves and to push to eat healthy. It takes determination to finish that long term goal. Some people have what it takes to strive for that right goal. The people that do not succeed should keep on trying until they get it. There are going to be the ones who call those people that did not finish quitters, or failed. Those people should be called finishers too because the tried and did not succeed. That does not mean they quit. After that fall get back up and try again.

The final objective is perseverance. Perseverance is a big key in becoming a finalist because if there was no perseverance how would have people gone through the tough times with? That is right with perseverance. Once people look into that mirror after accomplishing the task they will think of what it was like in the beginning and reflect back on how hard it was and now how easy it is. People should not be called failures if they did not succeed. They should be rewarded for how hard they tried and be encouraged to try again. Instead, people laugh and make fun of them because the way they look.

In summary important aspects of personal growth and development are common struggles. One of the toughest common struggles out there to face is obesity. Three objectives in overcoming obesity is first, have the mind set in how this task is going to be accomplished. Second, how losing weight helps people obtain their health. Third is to have perseverance. It is not a hard thing to overcome it the person that overcomes and achieves the goal.