Ice Bucket | Teen Ink

Ice Bucket

By Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia
Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

We all did the ALS Ice bucket challenge this summer. We dumped ice on our heads so that for a fraction of a second we felt the same people with ALS feel. There body latterly stops. Slowly you can’t hold a cup, write, cut, and beat your hart. It is very sad, there is no cure. You get the flu, but we get better. You get cancer, there are treatments and there is a 90% survival rate. You get ALS, your hart will literally stop. ALS is a very serious disease!

ALS was made to raise awareness of this disease, but there are many other deadly diseases like this one.  Ebola is not one of them. So what one or two people in the U.S have it. It is more important to know about it in Africa. Heard of Malaria? Even though there is a cure 1 million people still die from these mosquitos a year. What about Cholera? This disease is so bad you can die within hours. HIV is another, you will live for many years but there is no cure and you will still die. These are just a few of the many like ALS.

My Scianc eteacher likes to talk about this disease becuse her friend has it. This is daticated to her. I wrote you inform you about ALS. Enjoy!